"Content strategists combine the skills of writers, editors and publishers to think in a holistic way about what users should see when they visit a site[.]"
"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
—George Bernard Shaw
"It's a great-looking web site, but you need to focus on content."
—Parade Magazine, April 22, 2007
The Heart of the Matter
If you Google, “Content is King,” you'll get over 73,500,000* results emphasizing the relationship between clear, concise and compelling content and successful websites.
Okay – What is Website Content Anyway?
Most people think of text or copy when they think of content, but content is also images, video, forms, links, document files, tabular data, buttons, and calls to action; the "stuff" on your website. Leap of Faith will help you provide clear concise and compelling content. Content that is useful and meaningful, that tells your story, engages your audience, solves their problems, answers their questions and inspires them to take action.
Then What's a Website Content Strategy?
A content strategy is a plan for giving your audience what they want; useful, meaningful content, a plan to help you meet the goals you set for your website:
- A plan for collecting, analyzing, organizing and optimizing existing content.
- A plan for creating meaningful, compelling new content, and understanding why it's needed.
- A plan for publishing and maintaining content.
- A plan for archiving content and managing the future growth of your website content.
But Wait, There’s More! What About Social Media?
Online communities are having a dramatic effect on how people are making purchasing decisions online. They encourage "conversations" that you can be a part of. And what about search engine optimization? Where does that fit into the picture. It's all a part of your content strategy.
Do you begin to see how the process flows? First I help you identify your goals and your audience, then we determine what resources you have available to help you meet your goals, and then we develop a content strategy that fits your budget to help you achieve them.
Alright – So What Makes Content Clear, Concise & Compelling?
We're passionate about meaningful content and information design. Your content should never be an afterthought. Content is what attracts people to your website:
- Clear content answers their questions and solves their problems; it's what they are searching for.
- Concise content makes it easy for people to do what they came to your website to do.
- Compelling content gives them a reason to do it.
*Google search August 9, 2012